Thursday, January 6, 2011

Metacognition: First Semester in Humanities

Before signing up for Humanities, I heard that it was a good class but also bad. Good because of the creativity that is used and allowed, but bad because of certain personal experiences people have had. The class was tough in the beginning and I remember thinking: "When can I be creative? When can I flourish the most and be myself?" Of course, I thought that there would be no essays and that the class would be all fun and games. However, what english class does not have to write essays? As the semester rolled on, I began to enjoy the class more because there were so many different elements and projects. The semester was broken up into two quarters, and each quarter had a different theme. This worked out very well since it provided a chance to think in a new way. Some people are mroe creative and some like guidance.   During the end of the second quarter, my thinking began to be constant. I began to think philosophically, even outside of the classroom. This impressed and shocked me, to say the least. What I could possibly do better is to be more open-minded about othr students' viewpoints and opinions.


At times, the course was very difficult and time consuming but now I see the purpose and am glad that i took this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment